What Do Summer School, an Intramural Team, a Leadership Project, and Community Service Have In Common?
They All Are Looking For Sponsor Investors at New America School – Colorado
Five years ago, the New America School – Colorado established a comprehensive, out-of-school academic, leadership, athletic, and enrichment program for our students. We knew that our minority and low-income population had far less access to these activities , and that research has proven that students do better in the classroom when they are engaged at the school both in and out of the classroom.
This program, which operates at each of our three Denver area high schools, is called the New America School 21st Century Community Learning Center, or, CLC for short. The initiative was named for a federal grant program that launched widespread out-of-school activities designed to improve academic success among minority and low-income students across the country, as well as at NAS.
CLC activities have helped me be more open to talking to new and different people and getting to know them, especially people who’re different that I maybe wouldn’t have gotten to know. I’ve also learned a lot of new skills and had many different experiences on all of the trips we’ve done. – Andre G., senior and regular CLC attender for the past 3 years
The idea worked. Before this new program, little to no activity went on in our schools outside the classroom. Today, if you come by at 4:30 or during the summer, our students are everywhere. They are engaged with each other and learning valuable skills needed for academic and life success. Our attendance has improved and our graduation rates are up!
Unfortunately, despite the great outcomes produced through this federal program, new national funding is currently in hiatus and it could be wiped out completely. We will not go backward! We will not suspend these core activities because they are directly related to our students’ success in school.
The New America School Board of Directors is committed to raising Sponsorship dollars to support the activities that were formerly funded by the 21st CCLC federal grant. These are our top priorities. We need your help now!
SPONSOR OPPORTUNITIES AND BENEFITS
No matter what sponsorship level you choose, a little investment goes a long way at New America School!
- A $10,000 Summer School Sponsor guarantees 50 students the opportunity to attend a four week intensive summer school program at one of our schools. Sponsor Benefits include classroom naming rights along with all the sponsor benefits listed below.
- A $5,000 Friday School Sponsor supports one Friday School course at one school in a core subject matter area—Math or English—for 32 weeks, enabling students to catch up on the credits they need to graduate! Sponsor Benefits include an engraved “I Support Out-of-School Time Activities at the New America School” pen set, along with all the sponsor benefits listed below.
- A $2,500 Athletic Sponsor fields a boys or girls athletic team for an entire season (one semester). Students will be able to participate in soccer, volleyball, basketball and other sports. Sponsor Benefits include a lunch with student participants, team T-shirts emblazoned with the sponsor’s logo and a banner to be hung at sporting events, along with all the sponsor benefits listed below.
- A $1,500 Enrichment Sponsor pays for one enrichment club for an entire year. Students will be able to join a Cooking, Music, Photography, Community Service or a wide variety of other clubs. Sponsor Benefits include a listing on a permanent engraved plaque in the school’s Commons and club T-shirts emblazoned with sponsor logo, along with all the sponsor benefits listed below.
- A $500 Sponsor supports: Registration and fees for up to five students to participate in a leadership development activity, building character skills and teamwork through expeditionary education, or Two one-day student trips to local educational venues such as the Botanic Gardens, the Denver Museum of Nature and Science or the Denver Zoo, or One after-school tutor for an entire semester. Sponsor Benefits include recognition in the NAS “Annual Report on Success” and logo placement on the NAS website.
To support the New America School’s 21st Century Community Learning Center, please contact David Rein, firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.894.3160 for additional information.
Click Here for NAS Donation Form