Required Financial Transparency
Public School Financial Transparency Act
(Commencing July 1, 2018)
- Charter School Adopted Budget – Including Uniform Budget Summary (current and prior two years)
- Charter School Financial Audit (current and prior two years)
- Charter School Salary Schedules or Policies (current and prior two years)
- List of Waivers Received by the Charter School
- Standardized Description and Rationale for Each Automatic Waiver for Charter Schools
- Federal Form 990, 990-EZ, or 990-PF and any associated schedules
- Link to Authorizing School Districts’ Financial Transparency Webpages
- Other Charter School Specific Financial Information
- Link to Public Financial Transparency Website View: https://coloradok12financialtransparency.com
Disclaimer: Please consider the context when evaluating financial transactions. Some transactions may appear improper on the surface but are perfectly normal and justifiable when placed in the proper context. We welcome your questions regarding our financial transactions or records.
The New America School (NAS) is a system of public charter high schools dedicated to serving a unique population – recent immigrants, their families and children who want to learn or perfect English and earn a high school diploma. We are a fully accredited, publicly funded institution that serves young adults, ages 15-21. Our highly qualified staff provides intensive English language instruction and a rigorous academic curriculum to help students fulfill their dream of a better future.
New America schools are located in diverse communities where the need is greatest. We have three campuses in the metro Denver area: The NAS-Thornton campus, located on 89th and Washington in Thornton; the NAS-Lowry campus, located in the Lowry Field neighborhood of Denver; and the NAS-Lakewood campus, located in Lakewood, Colorado at Alameda and Harlan.
Ray Peterson, Director of Accounting & Finance
Brandon Peters, Senior Accountant