Required Financial Transparency
Public School Financial Transparency Act
(Commencing July 1, 2017)
- District Adopted Budget – Including Uniform Budget Summary (current and prior two years)
- District Financial Audit (current and prior two years)
- Salary Schedules or Policies (current and prior two years)
- Link to Authorizing Districts’ Financial Transparency Websites
- List of Waivers Received by the School District
- Other District-Specific Financial Information
- Link to Financial Transparency for Colorado Schools Website
- Quarterly Financial Statements (current and prior two years)
- Accounts Payable Check Registers (current and prior two years)
- Credit, Debit and Purchase Card Statements (current and prior two years)
- Investment Performance Reports or Statements (current and prior two years)
Disclaimer: Please consider the context when evaluating financial transactions. Some transactions may appear improper on the surface but are perfectly normal and justifiable when placed in the proper context. We welcome your questions regarding our financial transactions or records.
The New America School (NAS) is a system of public charter high schools dedicated to serving a unique population – recent immigrants, their families and children who want to learn or perfect English and earn a high school diploma. We are a fully accredited, publicly funded institution that serves young adults, ages 15-21. Our highly qualified staff provides intensive English language instruction and a rigorous academic curriculum to help students fulfill their dream of a better future.
New America schools are located in diverse communities where the need is greatest. We have three campuses in the metro Denver area: The NAS-Thornton campus, located on 89th and Washington in Thornton; the NAS-Lowry campus, located in the Lowry Field neighborhood of Denver; and the NAS-Lakewood campus, located in Lakewood, Colorado at Alameda and Harlan.
Ray Peterson, Controller
Brandon Peters, Senior Accountant