The New America School Lowry campus, named for its location on the former Lowry Air Force Base, enrolls 300 students each year. The most diverse NAS campus, each year NAS-Lowry registers students from approximately 30 different countries. We have unique opportunities for young parents, former drop outs, refugee youth, immigrant and Emergent Bilingual students and students working full-time to earn high school credits and a diploma. The Lowry Campus, conveniently located for students in Adams, Arapahoe and Denver counties, as well as other communities in metropolitan Denver, is open 8:00 a.m. – 10: p.m., Monday – Thursday.
District: Charter School Institute
Principal: Dr. Cynthia Trinidad-Sheahan
Staff: Assistant Principal, 12 teachers, two academic counselors, three student support interventionists, and a strong support staff
A STUDENT CENTERED EXPERIENCE
- High Quality Instruction for English Language Learners
- Extended School-Day, 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Four Day School Week, Mon.-Thurs.
- Credit Recovery Programs to Help Students Graduate On-Time
- Full Range of Curriculum in all Core Subjects
- Quarterly Enrollment
- Childcare Reimbursements for Student-Parents with Good School Attendance
- Newcomer Program for Students with Little or No English Skills
- Free Summer School
- Free Afterschool Tutoring and Credit Recovery Support
- Small Class Size